Sunday, January 5, 2014

"Mommy, what are those marks on your tummy?"

Keeping it real
My sweet five year old was kissing his newest sibling good night and asked me question I've been waiting for, "Mommy, what are those marks on your tummy?"
"Those are from having so many babies. Mommy loves those marks. I love having all of you guys!"
"Those are from having so many kids?"
"Yes, Zach. They are Mommies reminders of you guys. They are special."

Battle scars. Those "marks" are battle scars. My husband once told me that as he has "grown up" in fatherhood and husband-hood, he has come to see the changes motherhood has caused to me as sacrifice. I have stretch marks everywhere. They won't fade enough for me, but that doesn't matter. They are reminders of how blessed I have been. If my husband doesn't find them gross and ugly, why should I worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice. Unkind comments will not be approved and/or will be removed.