Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Long, Fulfilling Day

Yesterday the kids and I woke up at 7am. Not early but not late either. Well, that's not true. It was late. I needed to get everyone dressed and fed by 7:25 so we could be in the car by 7:30am. I did it, but they ate in the car. Mommy didn't have time for anything carb free, so Mommy didn't eat.

We went to my endocrinology appointment, which is about an hour away (that's why the 7:30 deadline was set). No real update here. My numbers are good, highs here and there along with lows, but my A1C was 6.4, so I'm happy. We discussed my diet a little bit since I have been having cravings for fruit (bananas especially). One a day, half in the morning and half for an afternoon snack was the agreement.  I was so thankful that she didn't change my meds. I fight cravings daily, but I know I can say no. Am I strong enough is the question. My pump settings are correct. My food consumption is wrong. I'm working on that.

Back to the day! I told the kids (yes all four came with) if they were good and listened at my appointment, that we could go to Backyard Bible Clubs at their friends house afterward. So, we flew to get on post in time. We were a few minutes late, but it didn't matter. Everyone had a blast! At first the boys were not having it, but when story time came around and I made them sit with me, they got into it. Talking about Jesus just made them happy and excited. I'm so proud!

After that, Speech. Zach is in Speech therapy for some process issues, but he's come so far! Many people still have difficulty understanding him when he's excited, but he is doing much better than two years ago, or even a year ago. Everyone appreciates that help we receive at therapy. Anyway, speech was chaos. Everyone was tired, it was 1:00pm and past nap time. We managed to stay awake on the way home and take naps once home.

Pest guy came at 4:00pm. Everyone woke up at 5:00pm. Pool right after waking up. Dinner...well, that didn't happen until after pool and showers. The pool pumps failed yesterday so it smelled like a lake. Showers were needed. We didn't eat until 8:00pm. That's okay. Bedtime wasn't until 10:00pm last night, but I was totally okay with that. Daddy didn't feel well so he went to bed shortly after dinner, but we played with blocks and read several stories before climbing in bed to look at our own books independently.

It was a packed, but blessed day! We are going back to Backyard Bible Clubs again today, despite the lack of fuel funds. God will provide if it's important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice. Unkind comments will not be approved and/or will be removed.