Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Getting My OB Care Off Post

I delivered Ziva via C-section at a university hospital where we live. When I found out I was expecting again, I assumed that I would get sent their for my care again. That hadn't happened and seemed to be a fight until last Thursday. The head nurse of the "high risk" side of the OB clinic on post asked me why I didn't try to transfer up to the University hospital. I told her was I had tried and she said she'd talk to the boss. She literally walked right into his office and spoke with him while I was sitting in the hallway getting my vitals done.

After a few more conversations, she let me know that I would be seen off base, but it would take time as the civilians on base aren't working after 3pm or at all on Fridays due to the budget cuts. Yes, they're all very sad. So, here we are. Waiting for the referral stating every reason why TriCare needs to allow me to be seen up at the university. My favorite being, I request being at the highest level NICU should the baby need it. If we're going to do it, we're going to do it all the way. Plus, they won't lecture me about having too many babies or the risks with diabetes.

So, I won't been seen for about a month (Yay!) and then I'll do my in-take at the university. Maybe we'll be able to discuss the long-shot VBA3C? We shall see.


Anyone have any good ideas for a picture for my pregnancy related posts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice. Unkind comments will not be approved and/or will be removed.